Virtual recruiting processes aren’t going anywhere. This reflects one way the term “HR” has evolved over the past decade. HR departments aren’t just responsible for hiring and firing employees; nowadays, they have a much more holistic role. They are involved with the company’s culture, employee training, benefits management, retention efforts, and keeping up with digital transformation.
Good thing there has been an evolution in HR tech to meet the increasing demands. With all the recent innovation, your options can seem overwhelming. The hiring process is a cumbersome and time-consuming one, but it doesn’t need to be. With these tools, you can cut down on the number of applicants you have to sift through in order to find an employee or freelancer that’s right for your business, and you can easily hire them the right way.
At the heart of this article is one objective: provide you with tools for the tedious stuff so you can focus on team dynamics, development, diversity, inclusion, and people.
Tools for Sourcing Applicants
When it comes to sourcing talent, working with recruiters or staffing agencies is an expensive hiring practice. This practice can lead to a significant spend without any measurable return on investment. However, using a cost effective method like job boards reduces dependence on third parties and even lead to greater compliance during the recruiting process. In recent years, job board applicants made up 46% of all hires.
Even in 2021, online job boards such as Indeed, LinkedIn, and ZipRecruiter are still some of the most populated places for finding applicants. It’s important to use sites that job seekers are also using, and these job boards continue to stand the test of time.
When it comes to sifting through applicants, there is new HR tech to help you simplify and organize identifying appropriate candidates. These tools will also help clarify individuals’ expectations about the position. Plus, it’s no longer necessary to manually search relevant job boards. Programmatic software enables recruiters and hiring managers to send the right message at just the right time all while reaching out through any desired sourcing channel.
- VivaHR: With this ATS, you can post job openings on a variety of boards and share your job openings across your desired channels without getting bogged down in complicated processes or paperwork.
- Golden Bees: “Target and engage all candidate profiles on the entire web with the Golden Bees programmatic recruitment platform.”
- Recruitee: Recruitee uses AI to help you find the perfect candidate. The platform offers options to save time evaluating your talent pool, as well as predictive capabilities and advice from AI.
- Recruitics: Recruitics is a recruitment marketing agency that is driven by data to help you make your talent acquisition a well-oiled, reliable machine.
- Lever: With thousands of happy customers, Lever is a scalable ATS and CRM solution that helps you with the whole recruitment lifecycle.
Tools for Interviewing & Assessing Applicants
The number of businesses using online video interviews grew as a result of the pandemic. Interestingly, many businesses are continuing these practices despite the return to “normal”. Video interviews are often used in conjunction or in addition to pre-assessment tools and qualification tests.
In the 2018 Talent Board Candidate Experience Research Report, 91% of businesses use a formal testing system for pre-hire assessments. Here are some tools to help this part of the recruiting process.
- VidRecruiter: From pre-screening to screening, scheduling, and interviewing, VidRecruiter simplifies every step of your video interviewing process.
- Harver: Harver is a pre-employment assessment software for companies looking to hire at scale. Streamline and scale with virtual interviews integrated into the application process.
- Traitify: Are you looking for fast assessments that people will surely finish? Traitify is a mobile-first assessment that will help you get a good look at your candidate’s personality and how they will be a culture fit for your company.
- Plum.io: Plum.io is a pre-employment assessment tool that covers many facets of talent management, and “Plum is 4X more accurate at predicting future success than resumes alone.” It will even develop tests for specific job postings and send lists of qualified candidates.
Tools for Hiring & Onboarding
Once you’ve found the right people, it’s important to hire them the right way. When you’ve found the perfect candidates and are ready to hire them, utilizing an AI powered contractor payroll specialist like GreenLight is a no-brainer. We worry about employee classification, local regulations, contracts, invoicing, and more, so that you can focus on what matters most—people.
If you’re interested in cutting down on admin tasks, while getting your contractors up and running ASAP, schedule a demo here.